CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

Saturday, October 16, 2010

"MY TEACHER, MY HERO"

Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Green Lantern, etc. -these are just some of the heroes we’ve known possessing superpowers, wearing fantastic costumes, having the ability to fly in the sky and having the capacity in saving the world out of danger and evil enemies. These animated superheroes are presently idolized by people especially the kids. Sadly, these superheroes can only be seen in televisions, movies, comics and computers; not in real life for there’s no such thing as living creatures having superpowers in this planet where we are made to exist with the exception of the mighty and powerful creator who is GOD.

However, there are still people who we can consider as superheroes. They are neither animated nor imaginative; they are real people. In addition, they also have the ability to save the world from being wild, dull and ignorant by just using their superpowers – their “brains”. Even though they do not have the ability to fly but their messages, lectures and teaching could travel miles away and could even reach on the other side of the globe; changing greatly the lives of some people living in a particular place. They are our great heroes in this world – they are “TEACHERS”.

A teacher’s worth and responsibility could not be compared nor be equaled by anyone. No one could exactly explain a teacher’s sacrifice: consuming itself just to light up the paths for others. A teacher is willing to guide us – students, in the paths we are going to take. Despite the obstacles that may block our ways and even if we may stumble and fall, our teacher is still willing to raise us up in order that we could reach our destination – our dreams, goals and ambitions in life.

Teachers are special gifts from GOD; wrapped with love, kindness, sweetness and patience. They serve as our second parents, thus, playing an important role in our daily lives. They help us develop our own image and help us in building a good future. Without them, we could not get acquainted with the real purpose of education – that is to turn mirrors into windows.

In my high school years, I’ve met various and versatile teachers. All of them have contributed different approaches to develop myself as a student and as a person. But among them, I have one that happens to be my best teacher and my hero. She is my Math Teacher. She has played a great part in my life since she has helped mold my image, character and of what I am now. She has taught me the real purpose of life. She is always there beside not just during my Math problems but also during my personal crisis in life. She is always there to guide me analyze the situations and make right and desirable choices and solutions during my tough times. She never stops encouraging and inspiring me to be more diligent, consistent and patient in all my endeavors in school and at home. She never stops reminding me the words of God to become a God-fearing person.

During hard times, she is there to be part of it and helps me unload my burdens. In times of success and failures, she is there beside me to lean on.

In return, I bring back to her my achievements and myself as what I am now. Words are not enough to give thanks to her because she’s my teacher, my hero and my MAMA in this world. “I SALUTE YOU MAMA; MRS. PROSPER G. TEMPLADO”.

1 comments:

Eunice Templado said...

. a tribute to my mom this teacher's day :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...